Sunday, May 26, 2013

When I thought it wouldn't happen to me

On this date, four years ago, I spent my last day not knowing I would have cancer. I praise God every day for another day. Knowing not everyone has the blessing of another day with their loved ones, I try to not take it for granted.  

I look back on photographs of myself "pre-BC" (before breast cancer) and I almost always think about how I had it and didn't know it or how nice it was thinking it wouldn't happen to me and how I lived care free in terms of what I ate and did, not knowing I could have been upping my chances of it actually happening to me.  

I know better now. 

I praise God for pointing out the cancer before it was too late, and for the new knowledge that has helped me become healthy and make better choices for me and my family.

May 26, 2009 was the last day I spent thinking it wouldn't happen to me. I pray you'll never have to say something like that.

Blessings,
Julie


Ecclesiastes 1:18

No comments: