Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
We are at UCLA for my big day! We're waiting for the Admissions office to open (4:30am PT).
We are praying for a successful, complication-free surgery that eliminates all the pesky uninvited cancer cells from my body. We pray for the surgical team's strength, brilliance, skills, and compassion on this critical first day of my new life as a SURVIVOR of breast cancer. We thank God for His love, and for our amazing support network that is praying for me and cheering us on. We are grateful to all of you for your love and support. You know I will be on the blackberry as soon as I can be to post updates. :)
Cancer, YOU'RE GOING DOWN, BITCH!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
- If you pray, please pray for me and my family. Please pray that we be given the strength and patience to work through this together with a positive outlook. Please pray that we are aided by the most talented and compassionate health care providers. Please pray that we quickly and effectively eliminate cancer from my body and prevent its recurrence. Please offer up any other prayers that will help us declare victory over cancer - we'd love to hear prayers and affirmations that you think might help us.
- If you have a great link or know of a great resource that you think would help me and others, please post it in a comment and you might end up finding it in my warrior toolchest of links.
- Give blood at your local blood drive or Red Cross center - blood saves lives.
- Get a great haircut from long to short and donate your locks to an organization that makes wigs for cancer patients. Check out: http://www.locksoflove.org/
- Participate in fundraising for the American Cancer Society to help fund much needed research so that someday there will be a cure.
- Write to Congress: http://www.standup2cancer.org/getinvolved/congress
- And, if you have additional ideas for how you can help me and others in this situation, please post them for me and everyone to see.
Thank you for everything - for your prayers, your positive thoughts, your kind words and generous expressions of care, for listening.
I hereby launch "Operation Kick Cancer's Ass" :)