Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Obeying

Some days I think gosh I've been through so much I deserve a break from this nonsense (cancer) and then I wake up and realize I was given this gift (did I say that out loud!?) so that I could spread God's great news and help bring hope and healing to others the way the Lord brought it to me in my darkest hour.

I have a calling that needs to be fulfilled and much to share and it's time to focus and be obedient.  That's what has been on my mind as I make mental plans to make time on my crazy schedule to get going on this most important project of mine.  The Lord knows I'm gearing up and He is turning up the heat and putting one opportunity after another in front of me to get me thinking about and planning for this project.  No more excuses. It's time to get down to business.

Meantime, I could use your help.  Please check out the new page on my blog about funding the cure and please consider helping in one or more of the three ways listed.

Please also pray for Amanda's quick healing from surgery (which went well, by the way - Praise God!) and transition into treatment, and please also pray for my new friend Gayle's upcoming surgery and treatment too. Thank you so much!

Reminder - I co-facilitate a Christian cancer support group in Santa Clarita at noon on the third Sunday of every month at NorthPark Community Church. If you'd like to check it out or learn more about it, please email me or leave a comment :). 

And, yes, I'll share more about my project later ;)...gotta run for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could join your group. There isn't a lot here where I live like that and it would be good to just get a group of women together and we could all help each other in very practical ways. I long to find someone who had 'my' type of cancer but I know no one (invasive lobular carcinoma). We're in OH so it isn't possible for me to be in your group! Bless your heart for all you do to help others in their cancer journey.

JEN said...

I always find you an inspiration Julie!