Monday, February 28, 2011

Prayers for Amanda

Dear friends and family,

Amanda, a close friend of mine, is having a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction this Friday as the first big step in her treatment for breast cancer.  I ask you to please pray for her and her family.  Please pray for a smooth, complication-free surgery that eliminates all traces of cancer from her beautiful body, and for a smooth and successful transition from diagnosis to treatment stage for her and her family.  Please pray that she has all the support she needs to meet the demands of her children so that she can focus on getting cancer-free, and for her husband and children to have the strength, patience, and understanding as they move into this phase of the process and encounter a new normal for a little while until treatment is completed and they can resume a nicer new "normal" life once again.  Thank you, my prayer warriors, for praying for Amanda!

For Amanda -- Below are verses that were given to me when I began treatment, before I was even a saved believer. A couple of them were on index cards, the others were on gift items like a little plaque and a bookmark.  I stared at them, as I laid in bed recovering from surgery and they struck a chord with me. I hope they provide you and others some comfort on your own journey. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily!

With gratitude,
Julie
xoxo

Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:13 "For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments: