Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Me & NED's first anniversary is here!

I'm not cheating on Bob, I promise. But I *DO* LOVE NED (no evidence of disease) and am hoping to maintain my plural marriage to him and Bob for many decades to come. 

Today marks the one-year anniversary of my first clean PET/CT scan after diagnosis. I've been a survivor since the day I was diagnosed in May '09 but I've been "cancer-free" since that first clean scan on Feb.1, 2010 which took place after chemo and before radiation.

Happy anniversary, NED! You're stuck with me, buddy. OK!? :)

Praise God for getting me THIS FAR and for carrying me even further. I'm grateful beyond words.

I just got back from having a routine breast MRI (it's been one year since the implants were "installed") so I'm praying for an accurately clean test result to come in. I should hear something within 48 hours. Thank you, in advance, for similar prayers.

Jonah 2



1 [a]From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the LORD his God. 2 He said:


“In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help, and you listened to my cry. 3 You hurled me into the depths, into the very heart of the seas, and the currents swirled about me; all your waves and breakers swept over me.


4 I said, ‘I have been banished from your sight; yet I will look again toward your holy temple.’ 5 The engulfing waters threatened me,[b] the deep surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my head. 6 To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you, LORD my God, brought my life up from the pit.

7 “When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, LORD, and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple. 8 “Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God’s love for them. 9 But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the LORD.’” 10 And the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.

No comments: