Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Praising God for N.E.D. once again!

My oncologist called this afternoon with my PET scan results. Just in time too because I was starting to panic a little and prepare myself to accept whatever news I would receive. But, praise the LORD, the call finally came and the news was exactly what I hoped and prayed for - a normal scan with no evidence of disease!  


I'm so grateful for our merciful and loving God that I can breathe a sigh of relief and turn my focus on the next challenges ahead - root canal this Thursday, and big surgery on Tuesday next week.


I'm trying to not worry so much about things, and just really enjoy each day which is a gift - I wake up and am blessed immediately with another day.  I must remind myself of Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."


I'm also focused on celebrating my son's third birthday which is today. I'm so proud of Cooper - he's such a wonderful, loving and happy child. I love him so much. He had a great day and is now soundly asleep and I wish I was too...I better go work on that now! :)


Wishing you a blessed day today, tomorrow, and every day. Thank you for reading and for your prayers - it means so much to me!


Blessings,
Julie

2 comments:

JEN said...

PRAISE GOD!

Gina said...

That bible quote is SO true. I have to remind myself of that one! :)