Monday, May 3, 2010

Please sponsor me - EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Womens Cancers

My first fundraising event as a cancer survivor is this Saturday, May 8th. Just 20 days before my one-year survivorship anniversary. I've posted my sponsorship request to Facebook and have already raised quite a bit and am very close to the automatic individual goal ($2000) set by our team (UCLA Fights Women's Cancers) - less than $200 to raise til I achieve it. But I'm an overachiever and this cause means a great deal to me so I'd like to raise as much as I can and I need your help. More than 273,000 new cases of women’s cancers will be diagnosed this year in the United States. In 2009, breast, ovarian, uterine and other women’s cancers accounted for almost 70,000 deaths. One in eight women will develop breast cancer at some point in her life – that’s approximately 192,300 new cases of breast cancer diagnosed annually. And more than 21,500 will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Behind each of these statistics is the face of a woman like me who needs our help – a mother, a wife, an aunt, a sister, your friend. Let’s work together to fight and eradicate women’s cancers. Please consider helping me achieve and exceed my fundraising goal. Money raised goes to cancer research, counseling, and outreach programs. Please click here to donate today. Thank you so much!

No comments: