Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 8: Best chemo day so far

Didn't get as much sleep as I had hoped but adding a probiotic to my morning shake made a HUGE difference to how I felt the rest of the day which was a very pleasant relief considering the most recent unpleasant side effect (think gastric track and that's all I'm gonna say about THAT!). I rested a lot during the day while the sitter was in charge of Cooper and then when she left for the day I brought Cooper to the mall so I could get a good walk on. I planned 30 minutes and I did 60. :) I was amazed at how good I felt compared with the day before. Oh the difference a day makes! Yay!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right On!!! It sounds like they're giving you the right coctail. Just remember to rest. The body needs to recover, so let it. You are one lucky customer, with all the right ingredients added to your chemo you scored. Let the healing happen!!!!
Love Greg and the Girls.

Anonymous said...

WTG, Julie! That's awesome news & I'm really glad to hear you are doing so well in spite of the chemo. You rock! :)

Big hugs & positive thoughts coming your way!

Carrie & Drake from iV

Michele said...

So glad to hear that you had such a good day!!! Rest is the key. Postive thoughts your way!

Michele

Lissa said...

Happy to hear you had such a good day. I had wondered about you all weekend since I was away and didn't have easy internet access. Sounds like round 1 went ok for you. Also glad to hear you are finding alternatives to walking outside. I can't even imagine dealing with that heat.

Take Care! Lot of prayers coming your way

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that you are doing well inspite of whats happening Julie!!!You Rock Sister!

Michelle R.